Hey there! I’m Dr. Evingerlean D. B. Hudson
…affectionately known as Dr. Eve, and I’m a native of the beautiful Charlotte, North Carolina, and a first-generation college graduate who earned a Ph.D. at the age of 28. I have a background in higher education with experiences in both academic and student affairs.
I’ve worked at various institution types including public, private, religious, PWI, HBCU, HWS, community college, liberal arts, and R1 across North Carolina, Mississippi, and Kentucky. The areas in which I have experience include, but are not limited to, Residence Life, Minority Student Engagement, Greek Life, Academic Enhancement, First-Year Experience. Much of my service has been working with students of color and individuals who are first-generation.
After years of service in postsecondary education, I decided to switch gears and started her social entrepreneurial journey. Now, I’m the Founder and Chief Strategist of Evingerlean Worldwide—an entity created to empower first-generation college students and graduates.
Since starting my journey, I’ve created the FIRST:
- Podcast highlighting the stories of first-generation college students and graduates
- Greeting cards for high school graduates who will be first-generation college students, current first-generation college students, and first-generation college graduates
- Self-discovery empowerment journals for first-generation college students and graduates
- Podcast launch incubator for first-generation college graduates
- Empowerment and development membership for first-generation college graduates (Res1lient Scholars)
- Entrepreneur membership and mastermind for first-generation college graduates (The EW Tra1lblazer Society)
I’ve touched thousands of lives across the world through my work. A few of my past audiences include The United Negro College Fund, The Ohio State University, 1vyG, Cornell University, Women Empower X, Circle of Change, and National TRIO Programs.
I lead The First-Gen Lounge, an international podcast that inspires, empowers, and uplifts first-generation graduates as they navigate life and entrepreneurship. The show has tens of thousands of downloads and has reached more than 85 countries.
I hold degrees from Shaw University (the oldest HBCU in the South) and The University of Southern Mississippi and hold membership in both alumni associations. I am also a proud member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. and serve on the steering committee for The Black-Gen Collective. In my spare time, I enjoy mentoring, reading, traveling, food tasting, cuddling with her chocolate lab (Maxwell Alexander), and adventures with her best friend and life partner, Dr. James M. Hudson.
Thanks for being here. Keep pressing forward!