Hey, hey! I’m Dr. Evingerlean D. B. Hudson
…affectionately known as Dr. Eve™. I was raised in beautiful Charlotte, North Carolina by a single mother in a low-socioeconomic household. So, I quickly learned what it‘s like to go through life with the odds against you. I went on to become a first-generation college graduate and even earned a Ph.D. at the age of 28.
After years of service in postsecondary education, I decided to switch gears and launched my social entrepreneurial journey. Now, I’m Founder and Chief Strategist of Evingerlean Worldwide™—an entity created to empower first-generation college students and graduates across the globe.
Since starting my journey, I’ve created the FIRST:
- Podcast highlighting the stories of first-generation college students and graduates
- Store for first-generation college students and graduates (The First-Gen Shop™)
- Learning and development platform for first-generation scholars, entrepreneurs, families, educators, and allies (First-Generation University™)
- Empowerment and development memberships for first-generation college students at HBCUs (The HBCU First-Gen Union™), first-generation college graduates (The Res1lient Scholars Club™), and first-generation graduates who are entrepreneurs (The First-Generation Entrepreneur Association™)
- Greeting cards for first-generation scholars
- Self-discovery and empowerment journals for first-generation college students and graduates
- Podcast launch incubator for first-generation college graduates
- As an international speaker, podcast host, and author, I’ve touched thousands of lives across through my work. A few of my past audiences include Cornell University, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, The Ohio State University, 1vyG, Africa’s Young Entrepreneurs, Social Knowbility, Women Empower X, The United Negro College Fund, and National TRIO Programs. With close to 100k downloads, and in more than 85 countries, my show, The First-Gen Lounge, inspires, empowers, and uplifts first-generation graduates as they navigate life and entrepreneurship. My publications have helped transform the lives of thousands of first-generation college students and graduates. Dr. Eve has been featured across several media outlets Voyage MIA, Creating Your Seat at the Table, The Pedestal Project, and Minding My Black Business.I hold degrees from Shaw University (the oldest HBCU in the South) and The University of Southern Mississippi, and I’m a part of both alumni associations. I’m a very proud member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., and I serve on the steering committee for The Black-Gen Collective and the Board of Directors for FLIP National. In my spare time, I enjoy mentoring, reading, research, traveling, food tasting, cuddling with my chocolate lab (Maxwell Alexander), and adventures with my best friend and life partner, Dr. James M. Hudson.
Thanks for being here. Keep pressing forward!a